Friday, August 27, 2010

French Cooking Class

Last evening I was fortunate enough to attend a French technique cooking class at the Viking school.  It was sponsored in part by a meetup that I belong to called Nashville Cooks.  The Venue was so impressive w/stepped seating areas for great viewing, cameras and I giant mirror over the work station.  We were taught how to prepare the following:
1.PERFECT ROAST CHICKEN
2.MIXED GREENS W/ BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
3.CRISPY POTATO GALLETTE
4.HARICOT VERTS AU BUERRE
5.APPLE TART
The recipes were simple with delicious results.  We also talked at length about how all our meats and vegetables are becoming so unhealthy due to large conglomerates controlling all that we eat.  Can you say Monsanto and Con Agra?
As Americans we need to stop buying the foods that are virtually killing us and buy locally grown or raised foods.  If we all take a stand, things will have to change.  High fructose corn syrup is banned in Europe.  Check the food labels of things you buy.  I bet most everything you read will contain this unhealthy ingredient.  Obesity rates have soared since the US has started replacing regular sugar w/ this product.
Ok!  I'll step down from my soap box.  I hope I gave you something to consider the next time you go to the giant supermarket in your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment