Friday, January 8, 2010

WICT= WHAT I COOKED TODAY

It's awfully cold here.  We had about 40 or so homeless people come out for a hot meal under the Jefferson St. bridge.  We served chili w/ cheese, chips, hot baked potatoes, cookies and lots of hot coffee.  I can't even imagine having to brave these temps 24/7. God Bless the homeless!
Prior during my real job, I worked for my good friend in her West End condo. She had the kitchen spotless for my arrival!  She loves to taste test the food as it becomes ready!
1.CARRIBEAN POT ROAST
2.CHICKEN THIGHS W/ CHERRY/MARSALA GLAZE
3.BEEF CURRY
4.CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (GLUTEN FREE NOODLS)
5.BLACK BEAN BURGERS W/ YOGURT/CHUTNEY SAUCE
5.WILD RICE SALAD W/ CRANBERRIES AND TOASTED PECANS

She was happy with all 5 dishes today, and that makes me happy, too!  I just want to make people happy by supplying them w/ healthy, nutritious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment