Monday, October 26, 2009

WICT= WHAT I COOKED TODAY

Today, I made my sister's recipe for MUSHROOM BARLEY SOUP for my client.  She thought I was going to make a BIG pot.  Usually, she says I make too much and her husband doesn't like to waste.  Can't please her!  ARRGGHH!
As I drink this glass of Chardonnay, I am marinating lamb steaks for Bob and I.  We will have roasted asparagus(one of Bob's many favorites) and sauteed parsnips.  My Mom used to try to pawn parsnips off on me at Sunday dinner by saying they tasted like candy.  Of course, at the time, I disagreed.  Funny, now I agree entirely!!
Here is the recipe for the lamb marinade.  When we still lived in cold old PA, I found this recipe while looking for a marinade with ingredients that I had in my pantry.  (It was an hour of travel to get to the grocery store and back.)
BBQ LAMB MARINADE
1/3C a-1 STEAK SAUCE(NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
2T RED WINE VINEGAR
2T OLIVE OIL
1t CHILI POWDER
1t OREGANO
1/2t PEPPER
1/2t CINNAMON
1t GARLIC POWDER

Marinate as long as possible(up to 1 day)
Grill to desired doneness!

No comments:

Post a Comment