Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday's shopping finds!

Today I left for Nashville's Farmer's Market around 10.  This is what I found:
1.ORGANIC WINGS FOR EMERALD GLEN FARM OUT OF KY.
2.ORGANIC KALE, CABBAGE, BUTTERNUT SQUASH, AND ARUGULA FROM DELVIN FARMS IN FRANKLIN, TN
3.SANTE FE CHEVRE SPREAD FROM NOBLE SPRINGS DAIRY
4.RASPBERRY LINZER COOKIES
5.ITALIAN BEANS FOR ROSE

From there we went to an International Market that specializes in Halal items.  From what I understand, this is kind of like  how kosher food is in the Jewish community.  This is what I got there:
1.PERSIMMON
2.TOM YUM SPICED PEANUTS
3.GOAT
4.GOLDEN JUMBO QUAIL
5.SQUID TENACLES
6.CARDAMON SEEDS
7. A MEAT PIE THAT MY FRIEND ROSE BOUGHT FOR ME>DELICIOUS!

Right next door was a Laotian mkt.  They offered some fresh made deli items.  I bought a sub looking sandwich for $3.  It was yummy..roast pork?, something similar to branschweiger, jalapeno, shredded carrots and daikon, and cucumber.  Here are my other purchases:
1.SPRING ROLL WRAPPERS TO MAKE FRESH SPRING ROLLS(MY NEW FAVORITE THING)
2.RICE STICK NOODLES
3.FRESH OYSTER MUSHROOMS>GORGEOUS
4.UPLAND WATERCRESS
5.SWEET CHILI SAUCE W/O HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP

Tonite for supper we are going to have "Lamb Eggs"(testicles), squid, roasted kale chips, and something w/ the mushrooms.  Thanks goodness my hubby is as adventurous as I.  Other wise I'd have to divorce him.  Just kidding..he's a keeper!

Right next door w

No comments:

Post a Comment